Saturday 23 February 2013

HOW TO MAKE YOUR NAIL POLISH DRY FASTER


Hey everyone,

Ever painted your nails and then smudged them even a few minutes after application?  Well here's a little tip for you guys to stop this happening…literally they will be completely solid and dry in 30 seconds!

Step One:
Fill up a small bowl or Tupperware pot with cold water and put it in the freezer.  I've just used a pot I had saved from a Chinese takeaway with a lid because it is really handy as it avoids spillage.

Step Two:
Now just paint your nails and do whatever nail routine you usually do while the water starts to freeze.  First I'll just remove the nail polish I have on right now as it's become all chipped and ugly.  Then I just file them all down so they're nice and even.  Colour wise this time i went a bit crazy…I couldn't decide on one colour so went with five all at once!  At my sixth form there's a rule against coloured nail polish so I rarely get away with a colour, so my logic is to go vibrant in the holidays to make up for it.
Colours clockwise: Sally Hansen Hard As Wraps Acrylic Gel, Barry M Coral 296,  Rimmel Block Your Green 700, Barry M Indigo 312, Nails Inc Will, Barry M Cyan Blue 294, Rimmel Matte Finish TopCoat, OPI Live And Let Die from the Skyfall Collection.


Step Three:
Take you water out from the freezer carefully so you don't smudge your nails, it should be ice cold now.  Then just dip your fingers in the water and leave them for about 30 seconds (warning: your hands get very cold!).  Just shake your hands and air dry them and you should be able to touch your nails without smudging them at all!  Now you're done.

Hope this little tip helped!

Love, Olivia x

2 comments: